Ready for a simply yet delicious meal that's meatless? We are celebrating another #meatlessmonday with this recipe for burrito bowls!
You'll only need a few ingredients and we are sure these will become a staple at your family lunches and dinners. You'll get pops of flavor from lime, cayenne pepper, and cumin - perfectly showing that you don't need meat to have a flavorful meal! Note - if you'd like to make this gluten free AS WELL as meat-free, you can use Sorghum, Quinoa, or Millet! We have a selection of all of these so come in and grab some!
Let us know what you think! We hope you enjoy.
1 bunch of kale - leaves de-stemmed and chopped
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 cans black beans - drained and rinsed
3 cloves garlic - minced
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or chili pepper
1 cup cooked grains (we used Bob's Red Mill Farro)
Cilantro/Red Pepper Flakes for garnish - optional!
- Cook grains according to the package.
- In the meantime, mix kale with juice of one lime and cumin powder. Set aside.
- Mash avocado with juice from your other lime, and S&P. Set aside as well.
- Heat black beans with garlic, cayenne pepper, and S&P for approximately 5 minutes, until beans are fully warmed.
- Time to assemble! Serve a heaping scoop of grains, beans, and kale into a bowl. Add avocado and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe inspired by Cookie and Kate