Who says tacos are soleLy for Tuesday!?
For our first February segment of Meatless Monday we are revising a classic favorite - tacos. To make them even more of a party favorite, we've downsized our tacos into minis that can be shared with everyone. Making mini tortilla shells is simple! All you need to do is use a glass to outline a smaller circle shape in your favorite tortillas. Then, take a cupcake tin and flip it over. Lay your mini tacos in between the cupcake grooves so when they crisp they can lay flat. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes and you will be good to go!
Our star ingredient for these mini tacos is jackfruit. Jackfruit is rich in fiber and is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It is the perfect alternative to meat-based ingredients to almost any meal - from sandwiches to simple rice bowls. It's versatility makes jackfruit a great ingredient for meat and veggie lovers alike!
1 package Upton Natural's Jackfruit, any flavor
3 regular sized tortillas
Squeeze of lime juice
1 small handful of broccoli slaw
Radish sprouts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut out 8 small circles from your tortillas - you can use any drinking glass and just trace a circle with a knife. Flip a cupcake tin upside down and place your mini tortillas in the crevices of the tin so once the mini tortillas crisp, you will be able to stand them up.
- Place tortilla shells in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While tortillas are crisping, heat jackfruit according to package details.
- After tortillas are done, you're ready to plate:
- Add a little amount of broccoli slaw in your shell. Squeeze a little lime juice if you wish!
- Next, add the heated jackfruit.
- Top with sprouts for garnish and ENJOY!