Potatoes - a well loved favorite starch. And the perfect side dish in just about any form. While your favorites may included the beloved french fries or mashed potatoes, you just HAVE to try these smashed potatoes.
These scrumptious little bites are unbelievably crispy on the outside and deliciously creamy and fluffy on the inside. Topped with a homemade garlic butter and parmesan cheese makes these your new favorite side dish staple. We promise.
Although potatoes are easy to find in stores all year round, this time of year makes for the most delicious and nutritious potatoes. And with this recipe, you'll be sure to be increasing your potato intake in the next few weeks.
Might we add - you will be blown away with the crispiness of this PERFECT hybrid between fries and mashed potatoes.
Approximately 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
Oil, for drizzling
3 tbsp. melted butter
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tbsp. parsley
2 tbsp. parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. After cleaning the potatoes, place into a large pot with salted water.
- Bring to a boil on the stove top. Cover and cook for 30 - 35 minutes, until fork tender. Drain well.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil. Place each potato on the sheet and lightly flatten with a fork or potato masher. Make sure to not smash the potatoes too hard or they will not come out crispy and become too mashed.
- Mix your butter, parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Using a spoon, pour the mixture over each potato.
- Bake for approximately 10 - 15 minutes, until potatoes become crispy and golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese on each potato.
- Cook for additional 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a sprinkle of S&P and extra parsley. ENJOY!
Recipe via Cafe Delights