What could possibly be better than doughnuts. Most likely not much. But maybe, just maybe our GLUTEN FREE lemon blueberry doughnuts. These are the perfect snack for you, your children, friends. Really anyone. Plus you can make them ahead so they are ready to go when you need them.
These only require a few key ingredients and take about 20 minutes acting cooking time. Feel free to take this recipe and make it your own! You can change up the fruit and flavors to whatever you like best!
We can't get enough of this paleo-friendly recipe. We hope you enjoy!!
1 cup almond flour (can also substitute with hazelnut flour)
1/8 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and at room temperature
1/2 coconut milk, full fat
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a doughnut pan with oil.
- Mix together your dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, maple syrup, coconut milk and oil, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Make sure to not over mix.
- Scoop batter into a ziplock bag and cut a small slit at the bottom. Squeeze the mixture in each doughnut mold then shake the pan to make sure it is evenly dispersed. Add a few blueberries to each mold.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Cool the doughnuts on a wire rack. ENJOY!!