Snack time doesn't need to be difficult. But it also definitely doesn't need to be bland or hum drum either!
This recipe is fool-proof. It will take you about 5 minutes active cooking time, and you can really make it your own. These dusted almonds will provide you with the perfect amount of energy to beat any afternoon slump and push through the rest of the day. You can make this ahead for your packed lunches or for the little ones' school lunches. Just make sure to keep them closed tightly in a jar to make sure they stay fresh.
Almonds are such a great snack for you to munch on too. In fact, they are one of the healthiest nuts out there! They can lower your cholesterol and are high in magnesium and potassium. And when you add the benefits of coconut oil and cinnamon, you get the perfect snack all around.
1 cup raw, whole almonds
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Melt your coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Sautee almonds in the oil for 1 - 2 minutes, until warm and slightly fragrant.
- Strain the almonds and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Sift cocoa powder and cinnamon together, then sift over the nuts until they are coated.
- Cool and serve! Will keep for about a week or so if kept in jar.