Did you know it takes up to THREE years for asparagus to mature from seed to harvest?! That is one dedicated vegetable!
Asparagus's peak season is coming to a close, so of course, we had to make a recipe to highlight it before then. And this recipe is the perfect side dish to make for Memorial Day, or any other day of the week! The colors of the asparagus really pop because we blanch them before popping them in the oven with the prosciutto.
In addition to being absolutely finger-licking good, this dish helps you get so many vitamins and minerals in your body. Just to name a few:
- Vitamins B, A, C, E, and K
So come by the store to pick up some asparagus, and let us know what you think of this simple, seasonal recipe! We hope you love it.
1 bunch organic asparagus
1 package prosciutto
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off the ends (1 inch) of the asparagus. Once water is boiling, blanch for 2 minutes (this helps bring out the color of the asparagus). Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice.
- After blanching, transfer asparagus to cold water to "shock" it so it does not keep cooking.
- Carefully wrap 3 - 4 spears with a piece of prosciutto and lay on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until prosciutto starts to look crisp.
- Serve immediately!
Recipe via Balanced Beet