It's another Monday, so we are putting out another meatless recipe for you!
While it may not be super warm out, we are feeling like Spring with this vegan kale caesar salad. Did we mention it has chickpea croutons?! Oh yes, it does. And they add the perfect crispiness to the dish.
This recipe is the perfect mix of flavor and texture. From the crisp, bite of the curly kale to the slightly salty taste from the croutons and homemade dressing - this salad is definitely one of our newest favorites. We hope you enjoy!
For chickpea croutons
1 can (15 oz.) organic chickpeas
1 tbsp. coconut or avocado oil
1 heaping tsp. garlic powder
S&P to taste
2 tbsp. tahini
2 tbsp. hemp seeds
1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. capers
3/4 tsp. caper juice
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup water
S&P to taste
1 large bunch curly kale
1 batch crispy chickpeas
1 batch caesar dressing
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup quinoa crispies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to a bowl and mix in oil, garlic, and S&P.
- Transfer chickpeas to a baking sheet and bake for 40 - 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- While chickpeas are cooking, prepare the dressing. Add all ingredients into a high powdered blender and blend until all combined. Transfer to container and set aside.
- For the salad, wash the kale and remove the stems. Tear leaves into smaller pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the kale and massage it with your hands until the leaves begin to soften. Add pumpkin seeds, chickpeas and quinoa crispies and ENJOY!
Recipe via Simple Quinoa