Is there anything better than ooey, gooey, fudgy brownies? We can't really think of anything.
These brownies hit the trifecta - they are gluten free, dairy free and vegan! The perfect snack when you seriously need to cure that sweet tooth. We promise that with one bite, you will fall in love with these brownies - vegans and non-vegans alike. Let us know what you think!
1/4 cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flax + 6 tbsp. water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
1/2 cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line square baking sheet with parchment paper. Make flax egg and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until well mixed and thick like frosting. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs, until well incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in almond flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 28-36 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for 1-2 hours, or until completely cool.* Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
Recipe via Beaming Baker