Many people think that going vegan means that you are sacrificing flavor. Well we are here to tell you that is just not true! Here at Cornucopia, we are always excited to share fun recipes that are vegan and full of flavor as well as nutritional goodness.
These burgers hit the trifecta. Along with the biggest pop of flavor, these sweet potato and black bean burgers are filled to the brim with minimal ingredient, plant-based nutrition. The quinoa will give you sustained energy, while the black beans provide a great source of iron and protein. In addition, you get loads of Vitamins A, B, C and minerals such as potassium and fiber from the sweet potatoes.
Top these burgers with your favorite toppings from ketchup to guacamole. Serve with grilled veggies, or our favorite - tater tots. Happy #meatlessmonday!
1 flax egg - 1 tbsp. flaxmeal + 3 tbsp. water
1 cup mashed sweet potato from 1 large, baked sweet potato
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 cup parsley, dried or fresh
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
Oil - avocado works best!
- Make flax egg - blend 1 tbsp. of flax seeds until a meal is created. Whisk together with 3 tbsp. water and set aside to become a gel.
- After baking the sweet potato and quinoa. Add all ingredients (minus oil) into a large bowl and mix together.
- Heat a large pan with a thin layer of oil at medium to medium-high heat. Form 6 patties with the mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Carefully flip each patty and cook for an additional 5 minutes to ensure a crispy crust on each side.
- Have fun with toppings! Place on a bun or use lettuce/kale as a wrap. Add your favorite condiments and serve!
Recipe via Happy Healthy Mama