For many of us, childhood snacks are an opportunity for us to live in nostalgia just for a few minutes out of our hectic days. So, to get super nostalgic, we've made HOMEMADE fruit leather, aka - the best fruit roll ups you'll ever have. And it couldn't be simpler
This vegan snack is the perfect way to get the kids to eat fruit if they are picky. They are the perfect quick snack to grab when you're on the go. These will have you feeling like a child again in no time. And there's no better time to make and enjoy these than as the weather continues to warm! Oh, did we mention they are vegan and only use three ingredients? Snacking has just been perfected.
4 cups of strawberries, stems cut off
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar (coconut sugar works well too)
- Turn the oven on to 170 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients until full mixed.
- Using an off-set spatula, evenly spread the mixture onto the baking sheet. Try to make it as thin as possible.
- Bake for 3 - 4 hours, making sure to rotate the pan every hour or so. It will be ready when the leather is no longer sticky.
- Cut strips and roll with wax paper. ENJOY!