Weekday meals don't have to be monotonous or bland. If you're in a rut and looking for something new and creative to make for dinner eat night - look no further.
We love sharing recipes that are simple, fun and full of flavor. And that's just what we are making today for our paleo recipe. This is one of our favorite weeknight recipes to make for the entire family. The preparation takes just about 20 minutes, and then you simply pop the peppers in the oven for 25 minutes! Simple, delicious and healthy - what could be better?!
Our stuffed peppers are the perfect blend of flavors and textures, all while making sure you are filled with nutritious goodness. We used a spicy salsa to bring a little heat to the dish: not too spicy but just enough to keep your mouth watering while you enjoy the meal. We love this recipe because it is totally adaptable to your liking. You can add in as many or as few veggies that you like. Feel free to get creative with this recipe, and make sure to leave a comment with your combinations below!
1 package of ground beef
5 bell peppers, assorted colors
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 small cippolini onions, finely chopped
2 cups of spinach
1/2 cup salsa, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the ground beef until browned. Drain any access liquid. Keeping the heat on low, add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Finely chop one bell pepper and toss with tomatoes and onions in a medium bowl.
- Slice the top of each of the remaining peppers and clean out the seeds. If peppers don't stand up easily on their own, slice a little off of the bottom to make flat. Add peppers to an 8x8 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix in beef with the pepper, tomato and onion mixture. Fold in spinach.
- Add 1 tbsp. of salsa to the bottom of each pepper. Scoop in your beef mixture halfway and add one more tbsp. Top with beef mixture until it filled to the top.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Serve immediately!
Recipe via Balanced Beet