Whether your looking for a new dish to take to your next sports get together, or just want to switch up you normal routine - you HAVE to try our buffalo cauliflower dip. It is creamy, spicy and perfectly and completely vegan. You heard us right! And all in all, it only takes about an hour from start to finish. What could be better?
This dip is special because it's also packed with nutrition - so even though you'll feel like eating this dip is a treat, you'll still be getting in key nutrients to help fuel your body. The beans and potatoes give you plenty of protein while also giving the dip a thick and creamy texture.
Cross-our-hearts, we think this appetizer (or breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack..you name it) will be a new favorite AND will be loved by vegans and non-vegans alike. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips, veggies or even by the spoonful.
1 medium sized head cauliflower
1/2 cup buffalo cayenne pepper hot sauce
1 cup cooked potato (about 1 medium potato)
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup nut milk of your choice
1/4 cup veggie broth
1/4 cup buffalo cayenne pepper hot sauce
1/4 of a medium onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Soak your cashews in boiling (or really REALLY hot water). Set aside.
- Chop cauliflower and mix with 1/2 cup hot sauce until full coated. Spread out on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly crisp. After baking it should be about 3 cups cauliflower (measure after baking as it is softer and fits into a measuring cup easier).
- Lower oven temp to 350 degrees F.
- Make sauce. Cook potato and onion by boiling until soft. Place all sauce ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Put baked cauliflower into the bowl and mix well to incorporate the sauce. Pour into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Check at 15 minutes and see if it has formed a nice firm layer on the top. Everything is cooked already so no need to worry about the cauliflower cooking, but you want it nice and heated all the way through. Keep in mind it will cook a little more as it is cooling.
- Enjoy nice and warm with your favorite tortilla chips, celery or crackers!