While açaí bowls are typically for breakfast, there’s really never a bad time to make one of these nutrient rich, powerhouse bowls. They’re the perfect meal (or snack) to make and get creative with – you can top an açaí bowl with just about anything from granola to different fruits. You can even drizzle your favorite nut butter for an extra oomph. But what makes açaí so powerful?
For starters, “this little berry is one of the only fruits on the planet to be naturally sugar free, packed with antioxidants, and full of healthy omegas” (Sambazon, 2018). Açaí berries provide a multitude of health benefits from their antioxidants, fiber and healthy fats. Some of these benefits include:
– promoting heart health
– creating clear and glowing skin
– boosting your immune system
– increasing your energy
– improving mental function
Açaí can be consumed in raw berry form, as a tablet or oil, and as a pulp. This pulp gets frozen and then blended to create the well-known and delicious treat that we know as an açaí bowl. You have the option to choose which type of açaí you want for your bowl, too. From an original açaí blend to one packed with natural, plant protein, there is an açaí bowl for everyone’s needs! With Sambazon’s açaí packs on sale this month, it’s the perfect time to whip up a bowl to get an extra punch of nutrients at your next meal.
2 packs Sambazon açaí performance protein
Nut-milk of your choice
- Run the packs of açaí under warm water for 1 minute, and break them apart in your blender. Add nut milk and blend until fully incorporated.
- Add the açaí to a bowl and top with your favorite additions. Feel free to get a little creative with it!