This weekend calls for comfort food. But with a healthy twist, of course. And what better way to do that than making AVOCADO fries with a creamy chipotle dipping sauce. These are quite the party pleaser, even to your most pickiest of eaters.
Crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Plus you get amazing health benefits from the healthy fats of avocados that are just now coming into their peak season. While avocados are probably known nowadays as one of our favorite snacks, we have some amazing facts about these health boosting foods that you may not have known before. First off, did you know that avocados are actually a fruit, not a vegetable? Even more specifically, they are actually classified as a berry! Even though they are a fruit, avocados house 4 grams of protein – much higher than any other fruits we know. Add to that 10 grams of fiber and lots of potassium, copper, and vitamins B, K, E and C. Avocados are one powerful fruit.
Along with adding them into your diet, avocados can be used in many ways to reap their benefits. Avocados can be used in your health care routines as a facial or hair mask to help minimize aging and help keep you glowing throughout the years. All around, we absolutely love how avocados can benefit our mind and body! And our recipe is just a fun way to get these great affects from our beloved avocados. Enjoy!
2 medium sized, ripe avocados
1/4 all-purpose flour
1 lime, fresh
1 egg, slightly whisked
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
For sauce –
1 chili in adobo + 2 tsp. sauce from the can
1/3 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Dash of cumin, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray or drizzle a large baking sheet with oil of your choice (our favorite is grapeseed or avocado oil).
- Slice your avocados and spritz half of the lime on the slices. This helps them keep their color as they bake. Leave the other half for making your sauce.
- Prepare your avocado fries. Dredge them in flour, dip in the egg and coat in panko. Make sure to get as much panko on each fry to ensure extra crispiness.
- After all of your fries are ready for the oven, spray/drizzle a little extra oil. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, flip, and then cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the fries are baking, make the sauce. Add all sauce ingredients plus the juice from the other half of your lime into a blender and blend until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Serve while warm and enjoy! These we be gone in no time, promise.