You’re hungry, but only have a few ingredients on hand. You also want to make sure you’re getting enough nutrition to take on the day ahead. So what should you do if you’re in this jam (pun intended)? Make these avocado jammy egg toasts, of course!
These toasts are super simple to make, only require a few ingredients and will give you the energy you need to accomplish just about anything thrown your way. This breakfast will load you up with healthy fats, key vitamins and minerals, and protein – all necessary for the healthy lifestyle you strive for.
Plus, who doesn’t love avocado toast!? When avocado toast is on the menu for breakfast, you just know it’s going to be a great day.
Note – This recipe is to make JAMMY eggs. Meaning, the eggs will be boiled but just slightly runny in the yolk. If you want your eggs more cooked, boil them for an additional minute for the perfect boiled egg!
2 slices grain-free toast
1 medium size avocado
2 pasture-raised eggs
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once you have a gentle, rolling boil, use a slotted spoon to add the eggs. Boil for 6 1/2 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, smash your avocado and top the slices of toast.
- After the timer goes off, add eggs to an ice bath (ice and cold water in a bowl), letting sit for 2 minutes.
- Carefully peel the eggs and slice them – you should get 3 – 4 good slices from each egg.
- Top the toast with the egg and sprinkle some pepper and red pepper flakes if you want.
Recipe via Balanced Beet