If you step into Cornucopia, you may realize the brand Cadia pops up across multiple categories. Maybe you see the brand in the oil section, or amongst the grains, the chips or even in the home section. However, if you are wondering about the brand and why you don’t see them many other places, you’re not alone!
They are a brand exclusively available to organic and natural independent food retailers, thus you will not see them in bigger stores. Cadia’s mission statement is simple –
“creating a brand of affordable organic and natural foods that taste great.”
Today they uphold their mission by offering 250+ organic products at some of the best prices available. Eating naturally shouldn’t be complicated or out of reach, that’s why their tagline is “Abundance of Simplicity.” Cadia focuses on supplying simple, organic, whole foods in abundance so that everyone is able to eat healthfully.
Cadia’s core beliefs:
- To use sustainable farming practices and source the highest quality organic ingredients possible. (Majority of their products are from in North American farms, too!)
- Food should be enjoyed for the simple pleasures it offers.
- Using only honest, simple ingredients in their products.
- Eating well contributes to a life of abundant pleasures.
- Living simply provides for an abundantly rich and plentiful life.
- As a Certified B Corp, they support using business as a force for good.
- Cadia makes products accepted by the Feingold Association and ones that are QAI certified organic. Both of these show external testing for the quality, nutritional value and organic content of Cadia’s products.
By now you see why we are such big fans of this company, including how they make healthy eating more approachable. With many of their products on sale throughout the store this month, we’re highlighting some to show off their variety and nutritionally rich offerings.
This chia pudding parfait does all that! It is easily adaptable, great for meal prepping, plus is high in healthy fats, fiber and protein. So whip up some tonight or tomorrow morning – it’s yummy just about anytime of the day!
¼ cup Cadia Chia Seeds
1 cup Cadia Unsweetned Almond Milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. Maple Syrup/Honey or Stevia equivalent for lower-sugar option
Optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
¾ cup Cadia Frozen Mango (Or any other frozen fruit of choice – berries or cherries would be great!)
½ Banana (or ¼ cup frozen sliced banana)
Splash of Cadia Unsweetned Almond Milk
¼ cup Cadia Granola
Additional fresh fruit, nuts, seeds – whatever you’re feeling!
- Start by preparing the pudding: Mix all ingredients in a 8-12oz container, cover and chill in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Next make the fruit layer: Combine the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. This is best done the morning of/whenever you’ll be eating the parfait, but will last in the fridge overnight. Note: if letting sit use only a small amount of almond milk to keep the mix thick
- Separate pudding into two serving bowl/containers, add half the fruit mix to each, add desired toppings and enjoy!