The holiday season is in full swing...
It’s such a great time to get together with family and friends and eat treats and overall, indulge in all that is delicious and good. This usually involves lots of get-togethers with loved ones, sharing meals. This #seasonalsaturday, we are sharing a side dish that will be a great addition to your next holiday meal (or your next meal in general!).
If you are looking to change things up and bring a side dish that is sure to wow your guests, these HASSEL BACK HERBY POTATOES are perfect for you. We hope you enjoy!
9 small Yukon gold potatoes (about 1.5 pounds)
4 tbsp. olive oil or oil of your choice
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tbps. fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash you potatoes and dry them with a paper towel. Using a sharp knife, cut slits almost all the way down without cutting through the potato. Space them out about 1/5 of an inch from each other.
- Brush olive oil on each potato,making sure to get into every nook and cranny.
- Dash salt and pepper and bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes, until the potatoes start to crisp up and look slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining amount of olive oil with parsley, thyme, garlic, & rosemary. You can adjust the seasoning to fit your taste.
- After 20 minutes, pull potatoes out. Brush on herb-oil mix. Make sure you really get all the herbs in those nooks and crannies so they have all the goodness of the herbs and get super crispy from the oil. (note – We used a knife to open the slits to help brush the herb mix in)
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, until potatoes are crisp & golden.
Recipe via Balanced Beet