With the cold and windy weather, nothing says winter more than a piping bowl of soup. It’s the perfect answer to warm your body and soul as the temperatures continue to drop. It’s time to cozy up for a night in with this simple and delicious soup recipe.
All you will need is 4 ingredients – not including water and S&P – making this dish very simple. It will only take about a half hour to make, meaning you can make it on even the most busy nights. This recipe is also very versatile! If you are looking to change things up a little, try using Bob’s Red Mill’s Fava beans, TruRoots’ Sprouted Mung beans, or Shiloh Farms’ Baby Lima beans. We hope you enjoy this tasty vegan-friendly dish for our Meatless Monday series.
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed*
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
2 cups chopped kale
- Heat oil on medium heat in a saucepan. Once heated, add chopped onion and cook until sightly brown (approximately 5 minutes)
- Mash one can of beans in small bowl. Add to medium pot with broth and water.
- Bring beans, broth, and water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the other can of whole beans, onion, kale, S&P to taste then lower to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, until kale is tender.
- Serve immediately! ENJOY.
* if you wish to use non canned beans, you can use 1 cup dry beans that you will rinse then cook and drain. That should equate to 2 cans of beans.
Recipe via Culinary Hill