Looking for a fun, new way to take your breakfast on the go? We have the perfect answer – a make ahead, paleo-friendly frittata that is full of goodness that will energize you and give you energy to last the morning!
Our make ahead frittata is a fun way to have a filling and delicious breakfast ready to go for those mornings when you can barely get out the door in time, let alone make and enjoy a breakfast for yourself or a loved one. We love this recipe because you can use all of your creativity when deciding what to add to the frittata. We love putting in tons of tasty veggies that will help you power through the day. Simply make this a day ahead when you know you’ll be busy and pop each slice into the freezer. Grab one when you are heading out and either microwave for a few minutes or pop in an oven if you don’t have a microwave available. We hope you enjoy!
3 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
5 – 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 package of mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
1 small handful of spinach (frozen works perfectly for this), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook your bacon – after it is done, roughly chop it or you can crumble it with your hands.
- Quickly sautee the mushrooms (we actually used a little of the bacon grease to help intensify the mushrooms’ flavor)
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. You’ll want to whisk for approximately 1 – 2 minutes, making sure to have lots of bubbles in the eggs.
- Add in most of the bacon and mushrooms. Set aside a small amount – you’ll top the frittata with this once poured into the skillet.
- Mix in tomatoes and spinach.
- Pour into a cast iron skillet that has been coated well with oil.
- Top with remaining bacon and mushrooms.
- Cook for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, until set.
- Slice into fours and cover with foil or cling wrap. Place into your freezer!
Recipe via Balanced Beet