If you have a celebration coming up, or better yet just have the urge to make some baked goods – check out our recipe for a NO BAKE paleo chocolate cake. You won’t be able to get enough of this new spin on the classic baked cake.
This cake is for all of our chocolate lovers. And with using whipped coconut cream, we are able to keep this recipe vegetarian friendly as well! It’s really a recipe for everyone to have their cake and eat it too.
For the coconut cream, all you need to do is refrigerate a can of full fat coconut milk for a few hours to overnight. This will allow the cream to separate from the thinner coconut water. You can always save the coconut water to add to other recipes like smoothies!
For cake –
2 cups almond meal/flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 can coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup dark chocolate chips
For whipped coconut –
1 1/2 cups coconut cream
2 tbsp. maple syrup
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Grease a cake pan with oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond meal/flour and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Heat coconut milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup over low heat on the stove until fully blended and steaming.
- Pour wet ingredients into a large bowl. Add chocolate chips and whisk until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Pour into cake pan.
- Place in your freezer to set for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, make the whipped coconut
- Combine all ingredients in medium sized bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to blend until soft and fluffy.
- Put into a jar and refrigerate
- Once cake has set, remove from cake pan onto a plate.
- Top with whipped coconut and fruit of your choice.