We just can’t get enough of these holiday treats and sweets! Keeping with the tradition, we have a perfect and delicious sweet treat you can enjoy into the new year! Using only three ingredients, you will be able to whip these almond butter cups for any occasion.
All you need is dark chocolate, coconut oil, and almond butter. We love using Eating Evolved’s Primal Chocolate to make sure these are 100% paleo. We hope you enjoy!
For chocolate sauce –
1 cup dark chocolate
1/4 cup coconut oil
For almond butter sauce –
1/2 cup almond butter
2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Heat together chocolate and coconut oil in microwave for approximately 45 seconds. You can also use double boiler to melt the ingredients for approximately 2 minutes over low-medium heat if you do not own a microwave.
- Fill each muffin tin (lined with paper) using half of the chocolate sauce. Fill just enough to cover the bottom of the liner.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt almond butter and oil together using a microwave for 15 seconds, or melting on your stove for approximately 1 minute at low-medium heat.
- Pour almond butter sauce on top of each chocolate layer.
- Place in your freezer for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining chocolate sauce and freeze for 1 hour. DIG IN!
Recipe via Balanced Beet