Sometimes it’s good to get out of your every day routine and try something new and exciting. That’s why we’ve come up with two out-of-the-box recipes to use with your new favorite product – Betty Lou’s Powdered Peanut Butter. Powdered peanut butter is the perfect ingredient to add to just about any dish. From baking to dips, it elevates every recipe. Even more, these dishes take it a step above simply mixing water with your powdered peanut butter to use as a dip for your favorite fruits and veggies. Instead, you have a fun way to add in that delectable taste of peanut butter without making your dish too heavy.
What makes these recipes even more exciting is our new DOUBLE POINTS sale. We now have certain items for sale each meaning you earn double points on your loyalty card when you purchase.
Don’t have a loyalty card? We have you covered – just ask about one when you check out to earn double points!
Now, let’s get cooking!
Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
1 cup Betty Lou’s Organic Powdered Peanut Butter
1/2 cup gluten free regular rolled oats
1 cup gluten free quick rolled oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup agave syrup
¼ cup + 2 tbsp. coconut oil, softened
¼ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
Head over to Betty Lou’s to get the full recipe!
Peanut Butter Pan-Fried Chicken (or Tempeh!)
1 package chicken breast/1 package tempeh
1/2 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 cup powdered peanut butter
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
dash of cayenne pepper
S&P, to taste
3 flax eggs (3 tbsp. flax meal + 9 tbsp. water, mixed and set for 15 minutes)
Vegetable oil, for frying
- Prepare your protein.
- For chicken – powder each breast highlight to thin. Slice into strips.
- For tempeh – slice into bite-sized, triangle pieces.
- Whisk together your water and flax seed and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 1/2 cup flour, peanut butter, and spices. In a small bowl add the remaining flour.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat – add enough oil to cover the bottom by round 1/4″. Stir the flax mixture together once more.
- Dredge your chicken/tempeh in the flour, dip in the flax egg to coat, and toss in the flour-peanut butter mixture. Just before you add each piece to the pan, toss once more in the flour-peanut butter mixture for extra crispiness.
- Add each piece to your skillet and cook for 3 – 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer to a cooling rack for a few minutes.
- Serve with honey mustard, or a dip of your choice! ENJOY.