Thanksgiving and pies go hand in hand. At nearly every get together, you’ll find a variety of pies available for the taking – from pumpkin to chocolate, they are simply a Thanksgiving staple.
There really isn’t much to say about these pumpkin pie crescent rolls except that you need to stop what you’re doing and make them right now. They are THE alternative if you’re looking to switch things up this year. Filled to the brim (and overflowing) with pumpkin pie mix, these are the perfect poppable bites to enjoy after your Thanksgiving meal. Plus we’ve made things even easier by having all of the ingredients needed to make this delicious dish on sale. So you have no reason to not make these rolls – just in time to wow the rest of your friends and family.
1 roll of Immaculate Baking crescent rolls
1/2 cup pumpkin pie mix
Dash of pumpkin pie spice
Dash of vanilla extract
1 flax egg*
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together pumpkin pie mix, spice, vanilla and flax egg.
- Roll out the crescent rolls on a lined baking sheet (preferably parchment paper!). Drop a heaping dollop of the your mixture on each roll and evenly spread it out from end to end.
- Starting at the long end, roll each crescent roll. It’s totally okay to have some spill over.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
* To make flax egg: Whisk together 1 tbsp. flax meal (simply grind flax seeds in a blender to get this consistency) and 3 tbsp. water. Let sit for about 15 minutes to gelatinize.
Adapted from Spend with Pennies