It’s the weekend, so of course we are cooking up some delicious, seasonal things in the kitchen! As summer begins to take off, there are so many delicious things to eat that are in season.
Have you noticed that cabbages and brussel sprouts look fairly similar? Well that is because they are in the same family! And we LOVE brussel sprouts, so now it’s time for cabbage to have it’s moment of fame. We must admit, cabbage doesn’t really get the attention it deserves. Besides it’s versatility, this leafy vegetable is still jam packed with delicious and incredible nutrition.
Packed with antioxidants, cabbage is widely known in the Eastern world as the secret of youth. Cabbage is also rich in essential vitamins like vitamins C, B, K,and A. So, of course, as cabbage is coming into it’s peak season, we’ve whipped up a roasted cabbage recipe that you just have to add to your next meal. ENJOY!
1 medium cabbage
3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. onion, minced
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
S&P to taste
Chives – to top when finished
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cabbage near the core. Cut two slices in half to create 4 wedges.
- Using a brush, coat the wedges with olive oil, salt and pepper. Flip and coat the other side.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. You want the cabbage to have charred edges.
- While the wedges are baking, add all other ingredients (for your sauce) in a small pan and whisk together until fully combined.
- Plate the wedges and drizzle a little sauce on top. Garnish with chives and dig in.