Snack time. One of our favorite things to indulge in at any time of the day. What better way to enjoy a snack than with some delicious pretzel bites made right at home!? They are ready with just a few main ingredients and are ready in just about 20 minutes – the perfect snack for after school or when you are strapped for time.
These bites are sure to be your next go-to snack throughout the year. We promise.
5 cups of water
2 tbsp. baking soda
2 tbps. coarse salt
2 tbps. grainy mustard
1 tbsp. yellow mustard
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 – 2 tsp. hot sauce
- Bring water and baking soda to a boil.
- Cut the pizza dough into fours so you can work with smaller balls of dough.
- Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface to a log that is approx. 1 inch in width.
- Cut each log into 1 inch bites.
- Slightly roll each piece to form a small ball.
- Once water is to a rolling boil, drop a few balls at a time into the water and let cook. After about 20 – 30 seconds, they should start to float to the top. Take out with a slotted spoon and add to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- After each round in the boiling water, slice a criss cross with a sharp knife on the top of each bite and sprinkle with salt.
- Once all of the bites are through the water, place in your oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Mix together all of your ingredients for the sauce in a small jar. These bites are best served warm!