We are so excited to share this spring-like recipe with you all today for Meatless Monday! Fill with yummy veggies and packed with nutrients, we promise it will become a new favorite as the temperatures (hopefully) start to climb.
Fun fact time! Did you know that zucchinis have MORE potassium than bananas? This versatile squash is packed with nutrients so you can take each delicious bite knowing that you are eating something wholesome and nutritious. From stuffing zucchini boats to making mini zucchini pizza bites, we love everything about this vegetable.
The ingredients in this recipe are colorful, fresh, and filled with goodness. All things that we absolutely love to eat! What makes this recipe even more fun is that you are free to be as creative as you want! It is such a great base recipe for you to experiment and find what you like!
Little tip when getting your zucchinis for this recipe – bigger is NOT always better. We’ve found that zucchinis taste best when they are medium to small size! So stock up on the smaller zucchinis and ENJOY!
2 small zucchinis, sliced longways
1/8 of red onion, thinly sliced
1 slicing tomato, sliced or diced
1 cup kale
4 tbsp. hummus (choose any flavor you’d like)
2 wraps (gluten free if you want!)
Olive oil, for drizzle
- Chop the ends off of each zucchini and slice them longways.
- Toss in a bowl with a little olive oil and sprinkle S&P.
- Heat a large pan on the stove at medium heat. Cook the zucchini slices for 3 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Spread the hummus on your wrap.
- Add the 2 – 3 zucchini slices.
- Top with kale, onion and tomato.
- Wrap – if you can! These may be messy but they are SO worth it.
Recipe via Mae Bells