We already know allergy season is upon us, and want to help you kick it in the butt! Along with keeping your immune system strong and stocking up on allergy-fighting supplements, this smoothie will give you the extra boost to feel your best.
Full of allergy-busting ingredients this drink is the perfect kick-start to any spring day:
- Apples are one of the best food sources of Quercetin to fight off histamines.
- Pineapple provides Bromelain for allergy-related associated.
- Ginger and turmeric amp up the inflammation-fighting effects.
- The local honey and bee pollen prove to help greatly with desensitizing the body to seasonal allergies. (Note: If you have a pollen allergy or are allergic to bees please do not consume these unless under professional supervision.)
Simple, refreshing, nourishing – exactly what the doctor ordered for spring! For other supplement and lifestyle tips to crush allergies naturally check out our recent post, here. Get one-up on your allergies this season and let us know if you enjoy this mix by giving us a shout out on social media. Happy drinking!
- 1 medium Apple
- ½ cup Pineapple
- 1 inch chunk fresh ginger AND/OR turmeric (whichever you prefer). Note: if you don’t have fresh on hand, use ¼ tsp dried
- 1 tbsp raw local honey
- 1 tsp-1 tbsp bee pollen
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, water or coconut water, to blend
- optional: 1 handful fresh spinach or parsley
- Ice cubes
- If using, blend the greens into the milk or water to ensure it purees fully.
- Next, add in the apple, pineapple, ginger/turmeric and honey. Blend on high until well combined.
- Then, add in ice cubes to reach your desired smoothie thick-ness along with bee pollen, if using.
- Top your smoothie with some shredded coconut, chia or hemp seeds for some plant-based protein, or just drink it as is! Sip up and enjoy its allergy-busting goodness!