If you’re looking for a fun way to get in those nutritious veggies, look no further!These broccoli tots probably won’t make it for any leftovers – trust us. They are popable, tasty bites that are packed to the brim with broccoli – which is now in its peak season!
We love broccoli so much because it’s so versatile. You can eat it raw, steam it, roast it or even chop it up (of course the possibilities are endless with this option). From soups to these broccoli bites, it’s the perfect way to enjoy this nutritious veggie while having a little fun in the kitchen, too.
Looking to get your Vitamin C in without eating fruit – chop up 1 cup of broccoli. You’ll have your entire daily intake of Vitamin C. Broccoli also boasts high amounts of Vitamin A, fiber and contains a flavinoid called kaempferol. Kaempferol has anti-inflammatory properties, and has been shown to be a preventative in adult diabetes.
So go grab some florets of broccoli, and get your tot on!
1 cup lightly steamed broccoli, chopped finely
3/4 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup vegan shredded cheddar
1/4 cup sliced green onions
S&P to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Steam broccoli for about 5 minutes. Finely chop the broccoli, and discard the stems or save for a veggie stock!
- In a medium bowl, crack your eggs and whisk them until the yolks and white are well blended. Loosely chop the shredded cheese (this with help you get more cheese per bite!)
- Add broccoli and remaining ingredients to your egg bowl and mix well.
- Using a spoon, scoop a small amount and mold into a small tot form with your hand.
- Place bites onto your baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until crisp and slightly browned.
Recipe via Aloha