We are big fans of products that make healthy eating convenient, and with Molli Enchiladas sauces on sale this month we jumped at this easy weeknight meal idea. To make them a bit more dietary friendly, we decided on Paleo Chicken Enchiladas – meaning no gluten, grains or dairy are involved.
Here we opted to use Siete grain-free tortillas , as they seemed like the perfect option (and are also on sale!). But, we encourage you to use your favorite paleo-friendly wrap substitute; even collard leaves could do the trick!
This recipe involves very little hands-on cooking, is perfect for meal prep and will freeze well! If you like you’re food fresh every time, simply pre-portion before freezing and reheat covered in the oven for 20-25 mins.
Or, if this this meal is for an easy family dinner we suggest to serve along side from cauliflower rice, fresh greens and dairy-free sour cream.
This dish is bursting with flavor, freshness and even healthy enough to keep you inline with your New Year’s intentions. Digging into it was party for our taste buds, and we know you’ll love it just as much! If you make these delicious enchiladas be sure to give us a shout out on social media.
1 lb chicken breast
1-2 tbsp ghee or oil of choice
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
sea salt + pepper
1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 pack Siete paleo tortillas
1 jar Molli enchilida sauce
1/2 cup diary free cheese
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, then add to a hot pan with 1 tbsp ghee or oil. Let cook for about 2 mins each side. Cover chicken with water or broth and let simmer for about 20 mins.
- Remove chicken from water and add to a medium sized bowl to cool. While that cools off sauté the onion and garlic in more ghee/oil. Once translucent add in the mushrooms and pepper and continue to cook for 5-8 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Shred chicken by using two forks to pull it apart. Add the sautéed vegetables along with the dry seasonings and 2 tbsp Molli enchilada sauce to the chicken. Toss to combine the ingredients.
- Next assemble the enchiladas: add about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture to a tortilla, then roll and place seam side down into a casserole dish. Repeat until dish is full.
- Now cover the tortillas with the Molli Enchilada sauce, making sure to spread evenly and so that the sauces drips down to the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with shredded dairy free cheese, if using.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven, add any desired toppings and serve warm. Enjoy!