Spinach artichoke dip – who doesn’t love it?! It’s creamy, ooey-gooey goodness that is sure to be a huge crowd pleaser. But we wanted to change it up just a little. So we are happy to introduce these paleo twice baked potatoes – spinach and artichoke style.
Twice baked potatoes are a fun way to get the whole family involved in making dinner. From scooping out the potatoes to mixing the filling up, you can add in a dance party and call it a perfect night in! So grab your loved ones and have fun with this tonight.
As for taste – don’t be fooled. Even though there is absolutely no dairy in this recipe, there is still plenty of creamy tastiness to go around! That’s from the ample amount of coconut cream we use. And you’ll also still taste a slight cheesiness because of the addition of nutritional yeast (seriously, this stuff is MAGIC!). These go perfectly as a side to your next meal, or could even be the main dish! The best part is, whatever you don’t eat will reheat wonderfully as leftovers.
3 small/medium yukon gold potatoes
5 oz container fresh baby spinach
7 oz. can artichoke hearts
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small can 5.3 oz coconut cream
1.5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp. fine grain sea salt
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- Rub the potatoes with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt if desired, Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees F for 1 hour or until soft inside. Once cooled, cut each potato open lengthwise and scoop out the inside, leaving a thin layer.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil. Add the onions and cook until soft, then the garlic and cook until just softened.
- Add the chopped spinach and sautée, stirring until wilted, then add the chopped artichoke hearts and a sprinkle of salt and cook one more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash or blend together the insides from the potatoes with coconut cream, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, ghee or coconut oil, plus 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Combine the potato mixture with the spinach artichoke mixture, then scoop into the hollowed potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe via Paleo Running Mama